Fall Wellness Retreat - October 26, 2019
Using the Breath as a Means to Relieve Stress
This retreat will be a major first step in becoming your own teacher
Our one-day retreat is a journey into the parasympathetic, or rest and recovery division of the autonomic nervous system. It is a lesson in stress relief through the controlled relaxation of the body and mind..
Meet your hosts
Richard La Plante
Founder, Real Strength Now
- Progressive Resistance for strength
- Mastering the Breath for repair and regeneration
- Moving out of "fight or flight" and into harmony
- Learning "good stress" vs "bad stress"
- Present-tense awareness and understanding neural pathways
- Techniques for Spiritual Warriors
- Accepting the enemy within
- Surrendering control by stalking the spirit
- Understanding your karmic path to live more purposefully
- Coming into alignment
9 AM Introduction to the day, with questions, explanations and intentions – Whole group
- Nose breathing. Why?
- Conscious movement.
- Oxygen efficiency. How?
- The autonomic nervous system. Fight or flight, Rest and digest
- Dynamic and Static Contraction. Hormonal Release
9:30 AM Mindful meditation – seated with conscious breath counting – entering the parasympathetic nervous system
- Proper method of breath counting
- Developing heightened (Samurai) awareness
10 AM Conscious breath and movement – transitioning from parasympathetic (rest) to sympathetic (active) nervous system and back again – How we can learn to control this movement through the breath
- Fight or flight – a stick or a bear, body does not know the difference – degrees of hormonal release
10:45 AM Break, discussion (be clear about our intentions), and journal writing
11 AM Optional: The pool will be heated and training available.
Water training in constant depth (4.6 feet) heated pool – including the basic concept and application of intermittent hypoxic training (high altitude equivalent) to increase oxygen efficiency affecting strength, endurance, healthspan and longevity
Restorative yoga with master yogi, Ingrid Boulting, or combination of the two
12:30 PM Lunch - Organic
1:30 PM Free-form writing – allowing the creative consciousness to flow
2 PM An introduction to conscious breathing with progressive resistance exercise – how to take today’s lessons into the gym (on premises)
- What is progressive resistance?
- Failure: difference between psychological and physical
- Is it necessary to train till absolute failure?
- Recover time: vital for results
3 PM Group breathing with emphasis on parasympathetic nervous system (developing calm in face of stress)
- Guided meditation – release of the tension triangle
3:45 PM Explanation of neuroplasticity and the ability to productively re-arrange the structure of the brain
- Non-contact boxing drills to develop neural pathways
- Sharpening cognitive function
4 PM Closing meditation
- Deep relax
One Day • Seven Hours • $250 investment
Please join me in beautiful Ojai, California for one full day of conscious and sensible exercise and controlled breathing that will tone your body and mind form the inside/out.
If you come to Ojai and spend a day with me at my home/sanctuary, I promise that you will experience your self in a new and more conscious way. Your mood will be naturally elevated as you learn that breath is the key to controlling the functions of your mind and body.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you in Ojai on 10/26.
Space is limited to 10 people
This retreat is being held in an intimate setting and is being limited to 10 attendees to ensure maximum impact for everybody involved.
To register, simply CLICK HERE to email me and I will get back to you within 24 hours.
Richard La Plante